Well, here's what's on my mind...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's interesting how...

I found it interesting when we discussed the comparison between a "consumer" America and a "human" America. Personally, I think our mentality is geared more towards consuming products and buying just for the sake of buying, but, isn't that what thrives our economy? If we stop buying, who will? Perhaps the rich is gettin richer, thus explaining the excessive need and want for designer labels on our clothing, purses, wallets etc,. That's how I grew up. I'm from Plano West and unfortunately my mentality is slighty skewed to believe that wanting those expensive UNNECESSARY things is okay. I see how too much is bad (ie: MTV's "Sweet Sixteen") but at the same time a little bit of both can't be harmful. I think the idealistic America would be one that has an equal balance of consuming and humanistic qualities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home