Well, here's what's on my mind...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Shocking Stats!

Ok, so as I left class on May 23rd I was shocked when hearing these statistics about video games/music videos that we learned in class by Dr. Lambiase. I've always loved statistics. They really give you a good idea of just how many people are involved in whatever the statistic may be. For example:
-82% of homes with 8-18 year old feature video game players
-25% of American households with children have 3 or more game consoles (half of this shows kida have the game player in their room.)

These statistics kind of disturb me because, perhaps I'm a girl and this genre of entertainment isn't exactly my cup of tea, but video games are really dominating in boys'/mens' lives. I have a friend that went to school at UNT with me freshman year. It was in the middle of the XBOX hype that I began to resent these game players. My friend had apparently become so 'hooked,' he stopped going to class because he was staying up endless nights playing. He eventually ended up dropping out. Can you imagine? Ever since then, I saw what these game players could do to you. I've seen and heard it happen to more than just my friend. It's one thing to play for entertainment another to let it run your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home