Well, here's what's on my mind...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Gays in the Media

I'm glad that today gays are pretty much accepted on the media. Gays have been through a progression recently. They went from closeted/secretive, to "flamer", and now to invisible. When I mean invisible I mean eyes aren't drawn on them; they don't bring attention to themselves. They are just as normal and you and I. Sometimes I can also see this as a bad thing though. So that it is more accepted in our culture, I think it might need to be talked about more so that it can become a norm in our society today. Just like, in a way, we have accepted crimes occuring everyday and people dying as a result, we should be able to accept that gays will marry and want kids to live a normal life. If we can accept crimes, how come we can't accept gays wanting to live their lives in a family-oriented way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home