Well, here's what's on my mind...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Speaker Rebecca Rodriguez

I enjoyed it thoroughly when Rebecca Rodriguez came into class. I'm still unsure of what I want to do but I am very interested in broadcasting so it was a pleasure to meet her and have her come share her triumphs and losses with us in "making it as a journalist." Her tips were key:
-Having mentality that "I think I can do this"
-Goal: Always try to have a better idea
-Professionalism is key

After hearing how many times she had to get back on her feet and then fall back down again, but always getting back up, gave me hope that hey, it will work out. I sometimes get unsure, because of all the negative parts of this major, but I've come to realize that every job has that but Journalists' are just more apparent. After hearing her say that all that she does is worth it, I feel confident now "trying out the waters" of the Journalism field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home